Tuesday, August 12, 2014

SAPE’ (DAYAK BORNEO TRADITIONAL MUSIC INSTRUMENT)



  SAPE is one of Dayak tribe traditional music instrument.  When I am listening to SAPE, I always imagine that I am in the middle of Borneo rain forests. It is serene and noisy in the same time. It is like listening to another kind of orchestra when a drops of the dew, bird chirping, splash of the river create beautiful relaxing music. It is very peaceful. 

We talked about taking inspiration from nature the other day, and I thought SAPE is the other example of that. Living in the rainforest has brought up the nature calming melody to Dayak people music. Something that urban people can’t find in the city where honk of the car and the orchestra of annoying engine compete each other.

Suddenly I think about this. May be the hectic and noisy modern song we have today is inspired from our urban environment. I know that there is no point to compare both of music. But again it is interesting to realize that there is always correlation between what nature we live in and what culture we produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment